If you are juggling on how to download and install Lineage OS for Android ROM on your Android device, you are at the right place. Follow the simple steps enumerated below to flash LineageOS on any Android Via Custom recovery
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 60-70% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
- Custom recovery (How to Install Custom Recovery )
- For LineageOs 14.1 ROMs.Go To The Link Below
- Full List of devices which has received Lineage OS (Download)
- Download Google GAPPS
Note: Most of the custom ROMs do not have GApps, so GApps to be downloaded and installed separately.
HOW TO INSTALL LineageOS on any Android VIA TWRP RECOVERY ON ANY ANDROID
Step-1 First, download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM and Nougat Gapps file to your device’s internal storage.
Step-2 Now boot your device into TWRP recovery.
Step-4 Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the Lineage OS (zip file) that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
Step-5 After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process.
Step-6 Once your ROM is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
Step-7 Now flash the Nougat Gapps file.
HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGE OS USING CWM RECOVERY (CLOCK WORK MODE)
The ClockworkMod Recovery can be used flash Lineage OS ROM or any other Custom ROM on any Android device. The “install zip from sd card” option allows you to install ROM zip file on the device
Step-1 Copy the downloaded ROM zip file on the root of the sd card of your Android device. Copy the GApps zip file also if you want to install Google apps simultaneously
Step-2 Boot it into CWM recovery mode (by following the steps mentioned below):
- Turn off the device
- Press & hold both power button and volume buttons to boot into bootloader mode
- Now select “Recovery” option using Power button to boot into CWM recovery mode
- The phone is now switched to CWM recovery mode. The volume keys can here be used to scroll up and down while the power button to choose or select an option.
Step-3 Take an NANDROID backup of your ROM: (recommended)
- Select “Backup and Restore” option from Recovery screen.
- To start the nandroid backup process, select the option “Backup.”
- Once the backup is complete get back to the main recovery screen.
Step-4 Choose the option, “wipe data/factory reset.” Select “Yes” when the programs ask for confirmation with regard to data wipe process. Now navigate back to the main recovery menu.
Step-5 It is now time for you to install the ROM zip file that has been placed on the root of the SD card of your device. Follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:
- Choose “install zip from sd card” option.
- Followed by which select “choose zip from sd card”
- Choose the Zip file that you have copied on the SD card.
- As the program then asks for a confirmations select “Yes” to begin the process of installation.
- Wait till the process gets completed.
Note: Then Install the Nougat Gapps following the same steps
Step-6 Once the installation is complete, go back to the main recovery menu, from where select the option “reboot system now.” This option reboots your device.
The first reboot may take a long time so do not worry and wait till the booting is finished. When the device gets on after booting, it will have the custom ROM installed.